Monday, August 22, 2011

Cupcakes of Weeks Past

Past cupcakes.

Sometimes you need a savory cupcake. Especially one with bacon. It is very dense, very rich, and can double as dinner. In fact, that is what I had for dinner. Bacon and cheddar in a corn cake with a brown butter buttercream. The buttercream is incredibly rich and sweet. Makes me think of fall and butterscotch.
On our last beach trip we found a fantastic shop that sells infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Though I wanted to go home with half the store, I ended up with a vanilla bean balsamic vinegar. Which I immediately planned on pairing with strawberries in either an ice cream or cupcakes. Obviously cupcakes won. Strawberry cupcake with a balsamic buttercream. I love fresh strawberries in a cupcake. It was the end of the season so the flavor wasn't as strong but still, quite tasty. The balsamic gave the buttercream a very dense texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment